From what I’ve heard, making a list, regularly reviewing it and taking conscious steps to check things off a concrete list can help you accomplish dreams more quickly. It can also help you lead a more productive life.
Here are a few goals on my writing bucket list, including a few I’ve already achieved.
- Publish a newspaper or magazine article. Check.
- Attend a writer’s conference. Check.
- Participate in National Novel Writing Month. Done, twice.
- Self-publish something a novella or larger work of fiction/non-fiction.
- Sell a true-crime article to a national magazine.
- Have an essay published in a women’s magazine or major newspaper.
- Find a literary agent.
- Complete an outline for a new suspense/thriller novel I have an idea for.
- Publish a novel.
- Write a play or a screenplay.
- Create and produce a podcast.
- Develop and pitch a television series.
- Publish a short story.
- Get a paying gig speaking publicly about writing.
- Get invited on a press tour to a travel destination I’ve never been before.
- Go on a book tour.
Do you have a writing bucket list? Please share a few of your goals with us!