The Book of Hope anthology
Edited by Krysta Gibson
Are you a writer who has lost hope and then regained it? Many of us have had this experience for one reason or another and now it’s time to share our experiences with others to help them move forward with their lives.
We’re publishing an anthology of stories in which writers share some sort of situation where hope was lost — physical health, work, money, relationship, etc. — then regained. The writer tells us how this happened and shares some tips which readers can apply to their own lives to help them move forward once again.
Deadline: October 6, 2016
Publication date: January 2017
Length: 1,500 - 1,800 words
Pay: $50 per article one month after publication, 3 copies of the book.
- You had some sort of situation where you lost hope – could be physical health, work, money, relationship, animal, working in the military or as a police officer, etc.
- Tell the story from your heart and soul so the reader can relate to your pain – tell us how and why you lost hope.
- Then tell us how you regained your hope and found a way to move forward – did you use humor, friends, group efforts, some sort of therapies, a doctor or other healer?
- Share some specific ideas or tips that can help the reader
- No self-promotional articles
- No fiction
- No poetry
- Must be a true story that happened to you
- Unpublished unless on your own website or a small local publication
- All entries are subject to our editing requirements. Edited article will be sent to you prior to publication.
Entries should be submitted as Word documents with contact information provided: email and telephone or email and Skype contact if outside the United States.
Submit your article to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Book of Hope Submission.”
For more guidelines, please visit the New Spirit Journal website: http://newspiritjournalonline.com/the-book-of-hope/