Most writers love words and language. Some of us have even been known to (occasionally) read the dictionary for fun! If you're a word geek too, see if you can figure out the answers to the questions below.
1. What are the only two English words to end in the letters –ngry?
2. What is the English word that, when all its letters are capitalized, comes out the same backward, forward and upside down?
3. Come up with the shortest English word that contains each of the first six letters of the alphabet.
4. What common word uses each of the five vowels, plus y, in their proper order?
5. What's the longest English word that uses only one vowel?
1. angry and hungry
Questions selected from The Great American Bathroom Book
Photo courtesy of togr at flickr.com
This was fun. Thanks. I do love word games.ReplyDelete
Haha, different and fun - thanks!ReplyDelete